Hon. Tajudeen Abbas was newly elected as the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Tajudeen Abbas is from Zaria Federal Constituency, Kaduna State. He got a total of 353 votes from the majority of the House on Tuesday in Abuja.
In the poll, he defeated Aminu Sani Jaji and Ahmed Idris Wase who had 3 votes each. On Tuesday, he emerged Speaker for the 10th National Assembly.
Hon. Abbas is the candidate for the APC.
Here are some facts about Hon. Tajudeen Abbas.
- Tajudeen Abbas was born on October 1, 1963 in Kaduna state.
- He is a prince with the traditional title of Iyan Zazzau from the Zazzau Emirate.
- He has both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Business Administration from the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1988 and 1993 respectively.
- He holds a doctorate degree in Business Management from the Usman Danfodio University in 2010.
- He was a lecturer at the Kaduna State University from 1993 to 2001.
- Hon. Tajudeen joined politics in 2010, contested in 2011 and won the House of Representatives seat.
- He had served in more than seven committees in the House since 2015. These includes Commerce, Finance, Special Duties, Defence, Public Procurement, and National Planning and Economic Development Committee.
- Before he became speaker of the house of representatives, Tajudeen Abbas was the House Committee Chairman for Land Transport.