What’s the “ss” Prefix?
Using the “ss” prefix to download videos from YouTube does not necessitate the installation of any software or browser extensions. Simply append “ss” to the end of the URL of the YouTube video you want to download.
The “ss” YouTube video download method works on any device, including Android, iPhone, and Windows. It works on both laptops and desktop computers, and it works with any browser. You may also easily convert YouTube videos to MP3 format. Download videos in a variety of formats, including FLV, MP3, MP4, and MPEG, depending on your preference. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to download videos from YouTube that are prohibited.
More information may be found here
How to use the “ss” prefix to download videos from YouTube
The procedures and instructions below will show you how to effortlessly use the “ss” prefix to download videos from YouTube:
- Go to your computer and use the YouTube search engine to find the video you want to download.
- To play and pause the video, simply click on it. Add “ss” before “youtube.com…” in the video URL and hit enter.
- You’ll go to another website where you may save the video. This is the savefrom.net website, which is the parent website of ssyoutube.com.
- This page will show you all of the details about the YouTube video you want to download. You’ll find information like the video’s runtime, title, and a link to download the video.
- A drop-down option appears to the right of the green Download button. Select the format in which you want to download the video by clicking on it. If you wish to convert it to MP3, select “HD/MP3” from the drop-down menu.